Some things are just better at certain times of the year. They complement the season. They feel right.
| July 14, 2016
JULY is a little lazy, a little hazy, a little playful, a little ahhh……
1. The Good Read – CHARLOTTE’S WEB – by E. B.White. “Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder.”
2. The Celebrity Birthday – E. B. WHITE. “Be obscure, clearly.”
3. The Place to Be – DOWN ON THE FARM – BIG TABLE FARM specifically.
4. The Background Music – WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS by The Beatles…”Would you believe in a love at first sight? Yes, I’m certain that it happens all the time.”
5. The Comfort Food – I’M THINKING VEGETARIAN.
6. The Holiday – TEDDY BEAR PICNIC DAY is July 10th. Clearly, July is an adorable month.
7. The Libation – THE E. B. WHITE MARTINI. “…the elixir of quietude…Martinis, if anything, have a muting effect on the constant ringing in my ears.”
Equal parts lime juice, apricot brandy, honey, and dry vermouth. Stir this all together (you only need a tiny amount of the whole business), then add 4 times the amount of gin. Plenty of ice, stir, and serve. Shhhhhhh………
8. The Art – ILLUSTRATIONS FROM THE NEW YORKER. Charming and witty with deceivingly child-like innocence and a sophisticated dry-martini edge.
9. The Film – CHARLOTTE’S WEB directed by Gary Winick…Julia Roberts is Charlotte. Of course she is.
10. The Wardrobe Necessity – OVERALLS…functional and strangely sexy.
JULY is a little lazy, a little hazy, a little playful, a little ahhh…… […]
JUNE, to me, is the beginning of hotness. And Marilyn Monroe is the epitome […]
After a sad, sad month, MAY is finally here! May is the month of flowers […]