Some things are just better at certain times of the year. They complement the season. They feel right.
| May 3, 2016
After a sad, sad month, MAY is finally here! May is the month of flowers and new beginnings and light. And May is the month of Audrey………………we can all benefit from a little Audrey.
1. The Good Read – BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S – by Truman Capote. He envisioned Marilyn Monroe. We got Audrey Hepburn and couldn’t be happier about it. “Quel night.”
2. The Celebrity Birthday – AUDREY HEPBURN. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.”
3. The Place to Be – BELGIUM. For the art…and the chocolate…and Audrey Hepburn was born there.
4. The Background Music – MOON RIVER by Henry Mancini…from BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S…and sung by Audrey Hepburn. “…My huckleberry friend…” What’s that about?
5. The Comfort Food – CHOCOLATES…from Belgium…where Audrey Hepburn was born.
6. The Holiday – a ROMAN HOLIDAY sounds like a wonderful idea.
7. The Libation – THE PERFECT LADY. It’s delicate but memorable and very, very chic.
2 measures Gin; ¼ measures Peach Schnapps Liqueur; ½ measure freshly squeezed lemon juice; 1 whole egg white; 1/8 measure sugar syrup (sugar 2:1 water); Lemon zest twist to garnish.
In a mixing glass, add all the ingredients. Add plenty of ice and shake. Fine strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with a lemon zest twist.
Now sit back, and watch everyone fall in love with you.
8. The Art – RICHARD AVEDON’s photographs for the film, FUNNY FACE……….of Audrey Hepburn.
9. The Film – SABRINA directed by Billy Wilder. Smart, light, sophisticated…………and starring Audrey Hepburn.
10. The Wardrobe Necessity – a LITTLE BLACK DRESS. What else?
JULY is a little lazy, a little hazy, a little playful, a little ahhh…… […]
JUNE, to me, is the beginning of hotness. And Marilyn Monroe is the epitome […]
After a sad, sad month, MAY is finally here! May is the month of flowers […]